June 30th: No more licking my wounds

Weight: 11st 0lbs

Mood: Determined

Life: Changed

Well the last few weeks have seen me change my routine, my life style and generally everything. I am honestly shocked that it has been over a month since my last post but I needed some time to lick my wounds and get back on track!

The one thing that has stayed as a constant has been my work outs, though now I have changed those considerably too! 

I have been fairly good at making my way to the gym but my eating has been a disgrace, and far too much alcohol has been consumed alongside some take aways and even cheese - something I rarely eat yet love so much. 

I have found that I am riding a wave. Monday I start off the week in a determined mood - usually getting on the scales and discovering my starting weight is 11st 3lbs, I have been managing getting to the gym 4 days out of 5 and by Friday I am usually at the 10st 12lb mark and feeling great. Then the weekend happens... sausages, cooked breakfast, cider, cheese, butter, bread (OMG sooo much bread) and a little red wine thrown in... And then we are back to Monday and 11st 3lbs presents itself on the scales.

This has to stop! I am still really pleased that I started April being over 12st and I am now down to almost 10st something... All is not lost! I know though that I have changed shape but that will be down to the change in gym workouts.

Why the change? I was in the gym on May 31st and it was clear the gym had a target they had to achieve and I was offered 3 Personal Training sessions for the price of 1! I bit the gym managers arm, let alone her hand off!

My personal trainer, the sadist from hell, decided that all my cardio stuff was great but my free weights and general workouts were tame! On my first session he had my doing squats with 35kg (half my weight!) on my back and I discovered I could to a bicep curl with 50lbs and triceps with 60lbs! 

Since then I have been doing much more weight lifting and less playing about with machines... However this weeks session left me with quads so sore I could not do a flight of stairs without wincing for 48 hours! It all feels worth it though!

So, today I am off to do a tame body pump class and ease myself gently into the beginning of a new start for a new month and a goal of losing half a stone!


No comments:

Post a Comment