July 1st: New month, new start

Weight: 10st 12

BMI: 24.5

Mood: Optomistic

Hurray! I broke the cycle after 3 weeks of working it all off then putting it all back on and yo-yoing between 11st 3 and 10st 12 I am actually starting the week on 10st 12! This is a good sign!

Yesterday I took it fairly easy at the gym, not only was the air-con broken but I was coming off a pretty gruesome PT session on Thursday, followed by a great Pilates class on Friday. I just did a body pump class that was fairly tame I kept the weights low and simple. Having just copied and pasted the list below from my last session I discover that I did up my squat and bicep weight... Maybe not so easy but easy compared to the gym.

Warm-up 7.5kg
Squats 17.5kg
Chest 7.5kg
Back 12.5kg
Triceps 10kg
Biceps 5kg and one set of 7.5kg
Lunges 10kg
Shoulders 5kg
Abs 5kg
Stretches

Today I start calorie counting and I started my own devised work out plan in the gym. I plan to print off my list of exercises and increase/repeat on a three day cycle. Today was legs, I realise having written it all down that there were three things I missed.. Glutes, calves and step ups.. These will be added to Thursday's list of to dos. I guess that is what I have been missing planning and organisation. 

So today's workout was...

12 min 138 kCal AMT level 3 for 5min and 5 for 5min
Squats 20kg wide squat with kettle bell combo 16kg 4*12
Deadlift 15 kg 3*12 17.5kg 1*12
Squat thrust with kettle bell 12kg 3*1min 16kg 1*1min
Walking lunges 4kg 1*20 5kg 3*20
Leg extensions 13.6kg 4*15
Leg curl double 32kg 4*10
Single leg curl 13.6kg 3*10 (each leg)
Lying to standing arm locked and reverses 2kg 20
Russian twists 5kg 4*20
Crunches 5kg 4*15
Stretches

Tomorrow is shoulders and chest... Wish me luck if I can still walk in the morning.

Thought for the day: Remember the 5Ps: Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance


No comments:

Post a Comment