July 2nd: PPPPP is working out

Weight: 10st 11bs

Mood: Cheery

Weather: Frightful

There is a lot to fit in this post today.. I will try to keep it brief! (I am sure I will fail and bore you all!!)

First up - Trainers 

Now I am a skint single mum with three children - I economise on everything. When it came to replacing my trainers last year I decided to invest in 'rockers'. These are designed to keep you thinking about your core and should tone your calves and bottom. Well in my opinion they do very little apart from destabalise you! Yesterday I went out and bought a pair of Nike training shoes. The difference in the gym was immense. I felt my calves working more, I was stable when pulling weights - something that I had begun to feel very uncomfortable about the heavier my weights got. Note to self: cheap is often a false economy!

And in second place - Food

I had a good day yesterday - apart from mass intake of very high calorie foods etc over the last month I have not made my stomach grow. My calorie intake yesterday came in just under 200 kCals - an amount I like to try and save up for the weekend - you can't be virtuous all the time!!!

So my diet yesterday was ok - I should really try to get breakfast into it but it is a start... And yes the two treats at the end of the day were not needed and should have been breakfast!

Lunch
Cup a soup
Bread

Dinner
2 eggs
Jacket potato
Half avocado
Olive oil
Sour cream and chive dip
Huge salad
Pringles
Cidre

Coming in third - Exercise

This is where the PPPPP really comes in. I have (on advice from one of the lovely girls in the gym) split my workouts into muscle groups. The plan is 

Mon - Legs
Tue - Back and Shoulders
Wed - Biceps and Triceps
Thurs - Legs
Fri - Back and Shoulders
Sat/Sun - Biceps and Triceps

To do this I have started buying books, listening to trainers in the gym and reading magazines to make sure I work every bit of every muscle.

Because no one will have got to the bottom of this post I will write up later what I did and what the weights were! As well as post the fourth topic - why I do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment