Gym Etiquette and a Rant


I attend the gym a lot and there are several rules I try to follow which kind of run alongside the rules of the gym itself. The rules I have in my head are:
  1. Wear appropriate clothes – bra and vest or jeans just make you look foolish
  2. When you sweat on a machine wipe it off
  3. Don’t hog the water fountain
  4. Put equipment away after you have used it
  5. If every other machine is empty don’t choose the one next to the only other person in the room
  6. Don’t reserve machines
  7. No snogging
  8. Fine text, check your email but don’t chat on the phone
  9. If it is busy 30 min not an hour… We all need to use the machines

I think these are all reasonable requests but my big bug bear at the moment is gossiping on the phone. We have one lady at the moment – god I would kill for her 'fit' frame – but what I would not kill for are her manners.

She seems from what she likes telling everyone, sorry the person she gossips to each morning, how hard her life is, what an awful divorce she is going through and how horrid her ex is. Well, I am sorry to tell her this but we all have had bad times but we didn't tell the whole gym about it.

We have complained to the management but she has said something along the lines of ‘get over it’ to them.

I however have decided that I will forget my headphones tomorrow – hope she likes Emili Sande to listen to (wicked smile crosses my face).

PS How many people do you know that are free at 7am for an hour long gossip (oh sorry I forgot that bit, it is not just a short call!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment