May 19th: Ending the week the way it started

Weight: 11st 5lb

Age: 41yrs 66 days

Mood: Sad

One of the reasons, and I am sure I have said this before, I started this blog is there are ups as well as downs. There are moments in time where you cannot explain, especially if you are female, what on earth your body is up to.

The way to lose weight is to reduce your calories below what your body needs to survive on. In my case as a woman that is about 2000 calories. I have reduced my calories to 1400 (on average over a week). To make the loss more certain I have added exercise to the mix and I burn 300-800 calories the gym each day. OK, most days it is around the 300 mark - it is only my mad Sundays when I do cardio then Body Pump that I reach anywhere near the 800.

I know that yesterday I ate 1250 calories, I burnt over 100 Powerwalking to the station and back, I rowed 2.2km in the gym and I burnt 230 kCals travelling a distance of 1.6 on the adaptive motion machine.

So the sum is I ate 1250 kCal and I burnt 450 kCal which means I gave my body 800kCal which should allow it to find the missing energy from the inches round my waist, on my thighs etc. Only it didn't! It rather frustratingly decided that I would stay exactly the same weight I was at the beginning of the week.

Looking at my weekly intake of food I still have 568 kCals spare - even with my bad wheat day! And it is hardly as if I have been lacklustre in gym attendance over 1400 kCals have been burnt (and that is ignoring the weight training!).

So, just to make me feel slightly better, I will scream: 

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

And now that I have moaned the morning away I will go hang out the gym kit, drink another coffee, listen to Broadcasting House and get on with my morning before the gym.

Thought for the day: Suck it up and someday you won't have to suck it in

Gym round up:

Adaptive motion trainer: 236 kCal, distance 1.6 in 20 min
Rowing machine: 2221m, 126 kCal in 10 min
Powerplate: 3 x 30secs - crunches, plank, squat, wide squat, lunge, calf, triceps

Powerwalked with this heavy laptop on my back to station and back 1.5miles

No comments:

Post a Comment