May 5th - Time to Pump

Before I gave up going to the gym just before Christmas in 2012 I was obsessive about attending my Body Pump class. The instructor is 10 years older than me and looks 10 years younger, she is unbelievably inspirational. This morning, after what is now a 5 month break, I am going back. I am ready for the lovely to see you and where have you been quiz but dreading the lunge track! 

This slog, sorry blog, was started 5 days ago because I was struggling with my painfully slow weight loss. I thought my age had caught up with me but the blog seems to have kick started my weight loss, I suspect it is a blip but it is almost in an apologetic way I post the start of my blog much further down the page!

Weight: 11st 8lbs (how!!!???!!!)

Mood: Surprised but content

BMI: 26.1

After having had a very difficult Friday with my off spring, Saturday was lovely. Eldest harumphed a little at the lack of gadgets in his life, the girls tidied their room and hung around. Doctor Who had us giggling at a Victorian age TomTom and I achieved everything on my to do list!

My gym visit was very successful. I used the Motion Adaptive Trainer for 20 min and was really pleased at the increase in calorie burn that I took a rather blurry picture of it.


As well as that rather productive 20 min I managed:

100 crunches with 5kg
50 reverse crunches
100 Russian twists with 5kg
100 clams each side
20 full push ups
40 sec side plank twice
60 triceps extension with 5kg
40 biceps curls with 3kg each hand
36 chest presses with 5kg each hand

PowerPlate - 30 sec x 4 of
  • Squat
  • Wide squat
  • Lunges each side
  • Calves
Stretching

So a successful visit that may have helped with the daily weigh in! Today will be a quieter day, no cardio and a hearty beef stew for lunch... Suspect that surprise pound weight loss will soon be back with a flourish!

Thought for the day: Don't count the chickens

No comments:

Post a Comment