May 10th: Hitting the big 10!


Weight: Shhhhhh 11st 6lbs (That is 10lbs lost!!!!)

BMI: 25.8 - getting there

Mood: relieved - it is Friday!

Well, we made it to Friday again! Yay! This week, although just four days has felt like an amazingly long week. I have been enormously grumpy in the early evening and I have got to find a solution. I don't think work this week has helped, well I know it hasn't! Tonight on the way home I am going to do breathing exercises and try to let the day go before I walk in the door!! 

My challenge to myself this week has been to increase the healthiness of my diet etc. I am trying, as part of my change the way you eat plan, to try to make my diet as healthy as possible. So, what makes up a healthy diet...

Protein - I may not eat enough of this but time will tell
Carbs - now I have cut wheat almost totally out of my diet. I am trying to use rice, couscous and oats 
Fruit and Veg - although I don't always reach my 5 a day I do over the course of a week reach 35 potrtions
Dairy - I have never been a fan but I am now eating a yoghurt a day and increased my cheese intake a little (calcium, healthy fats and protein all ticked with cheese!)
Fish - I am trying to eat fish three times a week and at least one of those is oily
Vitamins and mineral - I am doing a vitamin drink and cod liver oil tablets every day
Alcohol - very little (under 10 units a week!)
Caffeine - too much

Guess what my latest challenge is?! To get down to one cup of coffee a day (maybe even none for a while!). To help myself achieve that I have already cut out my afternoon coffee in the office. Today I had a coffee at home and one in the office and at the weekend I am going to try to get down to just the one coffee. I have replaced the coffee with hot water and lemon juice which I am really enjoying! Could explain my short temper though!

As it is Friday there is no gym - just the weekly measure - I know I have had a great week on the scales so it is not surprising that I have lost some inches... 

Bust: 36.5"  -2"
Waist: 30.5" -1.5"
Hips: 36.5" -0.75"
Thighs: 22.5" -0.5"


Thought for the day: Enjoy the success, it will slow down

No comments:

Post a Comment