May 8th: A month in

Weight: 11st 8lb

Age: 41 yrs 54 days

Mood: Quiet

After being cross with myself most of yesterday today I am calm and collected. Normally when I am that angry I will eat, and eat, and eat! But I managed to stay on track, yes I added a few calories to my diet - not least in the form of chocolate but I stayed pretty much on target. I am not sure what is keeping me going at the moment. It may be writing this blog, which I don't think anyone reads (well my children do!), the sun having returned from its very long holiday or just fear of getting old!

As for food, I missed writing out my diary over the weekend, it was balanced but yummy and included home-made burgers but all under 1200 calories. I even had a glass of wine or two which was a real treat! Yesterday I was much stricter with myself and I wrote down every mouthful - though had to guess at the calorie content of my chocolate intake - my Easter egg is getting smaller :-)

Breakfast:
Yoghurt and Granola

Lunch:
Half a Spanish omelette and salad

Afternoon snack:
Cup-a-soup

Company meeting snack:
4 mini scotch eggs and a 10 dry roasted peanuts (I hope no one saw me counting)

Dinner:
Pork loin chop, new potatoes and green beans

After dinner:
Left over Easter Egg

I have noticed since starting this more serious log of food I am spending less in the supermarket, the children are eating more vegetables and we have not had a takeaway in over a month... Not just waist trimming but bank balance friendly!

Enough of food back on to the exercise. I was much better at the gym this morning, the muscles hurt less and the session started all of 4 minutes early but I felt that I was not running late! I know I am doing spin tomorrow so my legs were a little ignored apart from cardio and the power plate this morning.

Gym:
Motion Adaptive Trainer: 20 min, 275 kCal and 2 miles
60 crunches with 5kg weight
30 bicylce crunches
60 Russian twists
60 chest presses on exercise ball
40 biceps curls on exercise ball
36 overhead triceps extensions on exercise ball
3 x 30 sec squats on power plate
3 x 30 sec calf extension on power plate
1 x 30 second lunge on power plate (each leg!)

Going to shut up now apart from the thought for the day. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment