May 7th - Where did the weekend go?

Weight: 11st 8lb

Mood: Cross

Weather: Glorious

That weekend sped past! I always feel it is so unfair when you start a glorious weekend, then you blink and you are back at your desk. And, today, I am at my desk in a foul mood.

The reason for the foul mood is my own fault, I decided to force myself out the door to go to the gym this morning even though my quads and hamstrings were singing a painful tune. I got to the gym and, once warm, I was okay but I was never going to push myself but I ended up doing so little that I am now cross with myself. I have promised myself I will make it up by going in early tomorrow.

Gym:

Motion Adaptive Trainer: 10 min, 1 mile and 133 kCal
100 crunches
100 Russian Twists
50 reverse crunches
40 leg raises
40 overhead triceps extensions
40 Donkey Kicks
Stretches on Powerplate

Actually now I see the list it is not horrific - not great but maybe I should not beat myself up too much!

As to the tale of my quads and hamstrings... Before April, and before starting this slog (sorry blog), I was a gym addict - I would do classes, rather than gym visits, every morning. I had got to the stage that I was doing Spin and Body Pump on both Saturday and Sunday! Mad, I know, but I enjoyed it.

On Sunday I went back to Body Pump for the first time in a while, I knew I would hurt BUT it is not as bad as thought it would be. I took it fairly easy on the weights but know where near beginners weights but it has caused a little pain. Yesterday I was not too sore so I went to the gym... You can draw your own conclusions as to whether that was wise!

Body Pump Weights:

Warm up 7.5kg
Squats 12.5kg
Chest 7.5kg
Back 10kg
Triceps 5kg
Biceps 5kg
Lunges 7.5kg
Shoulders 5 then 2.5kg
Abs 5 then 2.5kg
Stretches

Gym Session Monday:
Motion Adaptive Trainer: 20 min, 295 kCal and 2.1 miles
80 crunches
80 reverse crunches
80 clams each side
40 deltoid raises
60 squats on bosu ball
30 lunges each side
80 Russian twists
Stretches

Thought for the day: When the going gets tough the tough get going

Sight of the day: The woman who distracted me in the gym this morning, she was doing yoga in jeans and a t-shirt on the matt next to me... 





No comments:

Post a Comment