May 3rd - A time to rest and measure

Weight: Pleasing 11st 10lb

Mood: Relaxed

It was lovely this morning as my teenagers and pre teen clambered on my bed after the usual 6.15am alarm went off. They are so good to put up with me getting up and abandoning them before breakfast so I can go burn calories. We caught up on bits that I have missed out on all week and I had a chance to congratulate them on the reduction in use of electricity - it is not just my waist line that needs slimming!

I am told by all the magazines and articles I read that my body needs at least (note: get out clause) one day a week to rest and for me it is a Friday. This meant coffee in bed with a good dose of LBC* and some family time. It also allowed for some measuring to take place - I keep being told muscle weighs more than fat so I could be losing inches not pounds.

To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised. I had thought some of the numbers may start with a 4 but they amazingly didn't! Here goes:

Bust: 38.5"
Waist: 32"
Hips: 37.25"
Thighs: 23"

The pleasing factor was the waist - it is a clear indicator for risk of heart attacks and diabetes and articles say a waist size of 32" and under is healthy - see here for a little more on this.

Thought for the morning: As I measured the different bits of my body I was reminded of measuring the children on the same door frames to show their growth. I almost reached for the permanent marker to mark the points of measurement on my body for an accurate result but decided that may be a step too far!

*London's Biggest Conversation radio station for non London readers

No comments:

Post a Comment