May 18th: You silly moo!


Weight: 11st 5lbs

Mood: Bugger

Day: Meetings

As I ate my dinner last night I knew – too much pasta! About 2/3rds of the way through I knew I should stop. My brain was screaming stop, yes STOP! But I cleared my plate and hoovered up the juices of the crab pasta whilst handing my empty wine glass to my youngest and saying ‘one more won’t hurt’!!!

Well today I got pay back! I know that wheat bloats me and it is a real treat to eat a wheat based product. But the scales and my body hate it! The scales ticked up one more pound to where I started the week! Bugger!

So, to make myself feel better I just power walked to the station, so much so my glasses were slipping down my noes as the beads of sweat formed. As they slowly slipped I thought about that pasta and that extra glass of wine – it really was not worth it.

Today I am heading in to central London to an all-day meeting that normally ends in a pint but today I am going to be antisocial and slip back on the train to make it back for a gym session. The bank holiday weekend is fast approaching and I want to look and feel amazing.

But just to make you realise I am not all bad – I did make it to the gym last night.. So my pasta was kind of deserved!

Thought for the day: A little of what you fancy does you good (sometimes)

Gym update: 

236kCals, distance 2.02 in 20 min on cross trainer
60 sit ups
40 reverse
60 Russian twists
60 clams
20 push-ups
40 biceps
40 triceps
40 chests

3 sets of 30 seconds on the PowerPlate
Squats, calves, lunges, wide squats

No comments:

Post a Comment